Naviance Family Connection
Naviance Student from Naviance is a web-based service designed especially for students and parents. Naviance Student is a comprehensive website that students can use to help in planning and researching different colleges and careers. Through Naviance Student, the College and Career Center is able to track and analyze data about college and career plans, so it provides up-to-date information that's specific to Malibu High School.
Naviance Student allows ALL students to:
Family Connection also makes it easy to share information about upcoming meetings and events and other Web resources for college and career information. Students can also use the site to send MHS counselors and college admission representatives an e-mail message.
- Get involved in the planning and advising process - Build a resume, complete on-line surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers.
- Research colleges - Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from MHS for students who have applied and been admitted in the past.
- Sign up for college visits - Find out which colleges are visiting MHS and sign up to attend those sessions.
- Take career assessments - Figure out what type of student you are and what type of career may best fit your interest.
Naviance Student for Seniors:
- Add College you are thinking about applying to - Research colleges and add them to your interest list before deciding to apply.
- Add College you plan on applying to - Once you add a college to the list, you are letting Ms. Nguyen know you are applying there. This is important because this is where your letters of recommendation and official transcripts will be sent to. If the college is not on this list, Ms. Nguyen will not submit documents to complete your application.
- Request letters of recommendation - Most college (except the UC's and CSU's) will require a letter of recommendation as part of your application. You can make your request for a letter of recommendation from a Malibu High School teacher here.
- Search for scholarships - Apply for Malibu High School scholarships (available to seniors during Spring semester).
To Access Naviance Student:
A student's personal profile and statistics are confidential and are only accessible to the student, parents, and counselors.
- Go to Malibu High School's Family Connection site at https://student.naviance.com/malibu
- To log in:
For all high school grades (9-12), log in by entering the student's firstname.lastname as your username and the student's MHS ID number as your password. For example, Joseph Malibu's username is "Joseph.Malibu" and password is the 6-digit ID number.
- Once you log in, add or edit your email address in your profile. Look over your profile and edit or add any other pertinent information.
- If you have trouble logging in, please email Ms. Nguyen and provide student's name and ID number.