Naviance Family Connection
Family Connection from Naviance is a web-based service designed especially for students and parents. Family Connection is a comprehensive website that students can use to help in making decisions about colleges and careers. Through Family Connection, the College and Career Center is able to track and analyze data about college and career plans, so it provides up-to-date information that's specific to Malibu High School.
Family Connection allows students to:
Family Connection also makes it easy to share information about upcoming meetings and events and other Web resources for college and career information. Students can also use the site to send MHS counselors and college admission representatives an e-mail message.
- Get involved in the planning and advising process - Build a resume, complete on-line surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers.
- Research colleges - Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from MHS for students who have applied and been admitted in the past.
- Sign up for college visits - Find out which colleges are visiting MHS and sign up to attend those sessions.
- Search for local & national scholarships - Apply for Malibu High School scholarships and search for scholarships using a national database.
To Access Naviance:
A student's personal profile and statistics are confidential and are only accessible to the student, parents, and counselors.
- Go to Malibu High School's Family Connection site at http://connection.naviance.com/malibu
- To log in:
For all high school grades (9-12), log in by entering the student's firstname.lastname as your username and the student's MHS ID number as your password. For example, Joseph Malibu's username is "Joseph.Malibu" and password is the 6-digit ID number.
Parents can obtain their own username and password. However, your child must enter your information into his/her profile first. After this happens, email Ms. Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org for registration information.
- Once you log in, add or edit your email address in your profile. Look over your profile and edit or add any other pertinent information.
- If you have trouble logging in, please email Ms. Nguyen and provide student's name and ID number.